Wednesday, November 21, 2007

live together, ever after!




A girl rode on a white wolf and walked in the forest; the moonlight blurred her beautiful face in a silver aura. The kodamas around her way were all shaking their heads and making voice “kata kata’ like a chorus spread across the forest. The girl came closer and closer, her mouth moved smoothly and said: “Ashitaka, you mean so much to me.”

Ashitaka stood beside an old tree with his best friend Yakul, he hugged the girl with his arms and said: “I'll always be around. Yakul and I will come and visit you...” The golden light came through the cloud which replaced the silver moonlight; both of them were bathed in it and hugged even tighter, Ashitaka fell a little bit itchy when the wind was blowing San’s hair and whisking his nose. Everything was beautiful and tender to him, the warm golden light; San’s smiling face, soft skin and the chorus of the kodamas.





Suddenly, the cloud moved and covered the light, the whole world fell into darkness and cold. A blade’s sharp light blinked and stabbed straight to Ashitaka’s back. He pushed San away and held her wrist in order to stop her, then asked: “Why do you want to hurt me, San?”


“Because I can't forgive human for what they've done. They killed Moro and destroyed the forest.” The hate and suffering were shown in her eyes which fought with the love emotionally. Then she threw the knife to Ashitaka’s face, turned around, disappeared into the darkness.

Ashitaka warded off the knife and yelled: “San, come back, please don’t leave me, I love you so much!”


The cold water pours on Ashitaka’s face which woke him up. He jumps up and looks around, there is no forest around, instead the greenery covered the mountain and some tiny wild flowers bloomed on the ground with light colours. Yakul stands several yards away and concentrates on eating grasses. Monk Jikobou stands in front of Ashitaka with his weird smiling face and holds an empty ugly bowl in his hand. Now Ashitaka realises where the cold water came from.

“Um, what a romantic prince of last Emishi is there. Is it good with your daydream?” His incisor hole makes the sound weird; his red nose shakes following the mouth’s movement.


Ashitaka reels off his sword and points to Jikobou’s forehead, speaks with cut-throat voice: “How, How did you know that? Tell me who told you that? You’d better answer this question truly; otherwise I don’t mind to blood my sword.”






Jikobou picks his smile back and look at the sword with a strange face expression. Then he kneels down himself on the ground and begins to speaking in a smooth melody: “Prince of last Emishi, I am your servant who is always with the ageless strength named Jikobou, during 500 years my master and I travelled from east to west, crossed mountains and rivers in order to find the last Royal blood. And then I met you – the last prince of the Royal Emishi. Please forgive me for what I did before which may upset you and your friends. Please forgive the mistake which was made by the faithful follower of the Emishi relive fellowship.”


“What the hell are you talking about? And who are you?” Ashitaka draws his arm back and puts the sword into the sheath and looks at Jikobou with a wondering expression.

Jikobou slowly raises his head up and looks at Ashitaka’s eyes with sorrow, and then he raises his right hand up to Ashitaka and opens his palm. A light suddenly shines like a ray which blinds Ashitaka’s eyes; he closes his eyes and then opens them again to see what exactly it is? It is a purple blue crystal dagger necklace.

Ashitaka suddenly feels all the blood pumped up to his head and heart begins beating as fast as it could.

“What did you do to San? Where is she?” He feels his sound was shivering, he is afraid of that the answer will break his heart into pieces.

“Don’t worry, your highness, she is fine, I just picked it at that trouble night when night walker destroyed everything. However, I didn’t return it to her and carried it to compare with my master’s note because I had some question about it. Actually, I’ve seen it in that note before.” Jikobou speaks with a very respective voice.







Ashitaka stops for a while and uses his finger pointing to Jikobou’s red mud nose: “How can I trust you, who do you think you are. All the mess were because of you”.

“Yes, I know that. That’s why I came back. Listen, I am the last Emishi wizard with the ageless strength. I know I did something really bad. But it was because I had an agreement with empire headmaster. That is I would kill the Spirit of the forest, and the headmaster will help me to find the last Emishi tribe and treat them respectively.” Jikobou keeps facing the ground when he is speaking to him.

Ashitaka notices something slipped cross his face and dropped into the grass. They are tears; it made his face looked more ridiculous instead of sorrow.

“I was really tired to seek for your people, after my master died, I spent 20 years travelled everywhere of the country. Finally, the headmaster found me, so I think that his power may help me to find your highness more easily.” Jikobou turns up his face to Ashitaka.

“Also, have you seen something unusual recently? The power of the forest spirit is withering away. I know that was my fault. However, I am coming to remedy it. We don’ have too much time, we have be quick to transform his power to the new god. Otherwise, both you and he will die forever.” Jikobou hands the dagger to Ashitaka when he is talking.

Ashitaka leave his hand off the sword and move to the dagger, however before his finer reached it, there is a high pitched wolf’s crying passed from the area of the old forest location.






“That’s San’s wolf brother, something must be happened badly to him. I need to go …yakul, come here…” Ashitaka quickly grabbed the dagger from Jikobou’s hand and jump on Yakul’s back and ride him to the forest.

Jikobou watched the view of their back for a while with a strange smile, suddenly, he fell on the ground and his body gradually become invisible, before his body disappearing completely, a suspiration voiced by his mouth: “ master, I finally made it, I am glad to see you soon…”


Eighteen years latter:








A girl lies on a big flat stone against an old grey wolf; watched two boys fighting by swords near the stone. The blue sky looks like a very bright diamond and the sunshine shoot through the apertures of the tree leaves. The girl turned her face away from the fighting boys and talk to the wolf: “Dear uncle, who do you think will win todays accompany with me, I wish Kati will be the one, because I am sick of Tokiza. He has a same big mouth like his father Gonza, but always like a cowardly mouse in front of his mum. I like Kati, however, I don’t want to marry with a human.”


The wolf opens his eyes slowly and turn his head to the girl, his pawn slowly move to the girl’s neck and nods his head several times. The young girl pull a leather line out of her clothe, there is a crystal dagger pull on the line.

“You mean let the dagger choose my future?” the girl put the necklace back into her clothe carefully and suspires.

“Uncle, I don’t think that I can find a same guy like my dad who loves me so much, even sacrifice himself to sprits. I know the dagger has the magic power to choose the future for my family. And it also finally transferred my parents into forest sprits so they can live together ever after. However, I did not see any sign of my future.” The girl stands up and give a finally sign to those two boys while they are still fighting furiously.

“Let’s leave those two silly fighters, how about we go to visit Hii Sama’s , she is a very good witch, do you know she told me secretly that I am going to have a younger brother soon. He will be the new wild boar god of forest. That’s interesting, my father Ashitaka is the deer god, and my mother San is the wolf god. So what I am?”




“You are our princess Mono, dear” the wolf gets up and shakes the leaves off his fur, then jumps off the stone and digs the ground by his pawn. However, he suddenly stopped and run into the forest without any sign. Meanwhile, a crying of wolf through the forest to here, boys stop fight and both look back to Mono. She closes her eyes and looks like she is listening to it. Then she opens her eyes and speaks very excited.

“My brother is just born, come on, let’s go home quickly.” She jumped down to the ground and runs with those boys into the same way which the wolf did.

No comments: