Wednesday, August 8, 2007

American McGee's Alice

Hi All
For my fan fiction, I would like to do "American McGee's Alice". It is a thrid-person action adventure game on PC developed by Rogue Entertainment, and publish by EA. The story is set after Alice' adventure in Woderland and Through the Looking Glass, in the particular version of Alice's story, it features an older, more cynical and macabre incarnation of Alice.


Shortly after Alice's Adventure in Woderland and Through the Looking Glass, Alice's parents are killed in a fire which she was the only survivor. Becoming catatonic after having attemped suicide, she is instiutionalised in Rutledge Asylum. Years later, the White Rabbit summons Alice to aid a radically altered Wonderland, now under the despotic rule of the Queen of Heart.

For my fan fiction, I will retell the story of this particular version of Alice, and how Alice deals with her allies as well as tear her enemies into pieces, ultimately how she take over the position of Queen of Heart.

Please feel free to express your comments
Thanks

Rex

9 comments:

Dr Paul Mountfort said...

Nice plot outline, Rex. From what I understand you will narrativise (i.e. write in the form of a short fiction) an account of the progress of Alice through the adventure game world?

Sounds good - however, watch the way you 'borrow' other people's language. I know phrases like a 'more cynical and macabre incarnation of Alice' are not yours, so they are quotes.

Your fanfic can borrow themes, scenes, and characters from other sources, but should be your own words...

Pear Jin said...

Hey Rex,

The plot is awesome albeit dark. But knowing you, you always like the violent, bloody, dark stuff. So, it comes as no surprise. lol.

It will be interesting to see the cynical side of Alice as it is hard to imagine a fairytale turn into a gothic themed story.

Are there going to be another never-ending tea party?

What will happen to the Chesire Cat or the Mad Hatter or March Hare?

Can't wait.

Maho said...

Hi Rex :)

Your plot sounds really interesting, since I know this story as only a fairly tale. I can't imagine how cynical and dark Alice's story can be, so I'm looking forward to read it!

Birdie said...

What a violent idea, but i like it! cause it is Alice but not some kind of the beasts.

On the other hand, the fairy tale of the advantures of Alice was also my

dream in the childhood.

But something i just wondering about the plot, will you make it dark gothic style such like Pear talked about, that will be impressive transfomed story.

Guo Fang said...

Very cool idea.

I am a big fan of computer games, and "American McGee's Alice" is one of those PC games that I always wanted to play, but never had the chance. Now that you've brought it up, I think I'll pick a copy of the game as soon as I have some spare time and spare cash.

PS: Gotta love that Box Art with the kitchen knife and bloody dress! (I heard they had to change the Box Art in some regions, LOL)

Dr Paul Mountfort said...

Heya - re-read my original comment and sounded soo much like a 'teacher' (damn it, I hate those guys).

This is cool, Rex - kinda Alice in Underworld. Perhaps I should remember TS Eliot's maxim: 'Good writers borrow, great writers steal'.

All yr comments great, too - Pear Jing, you'd make a great fanfic beta-reader. Noticing yr comments after mine I thought, wish I'd said that. (; Catchya.

Pear Jin said...

Aww, thanks Paul. I'm flattered. :)

And don't worry, you're still the coolest lecturer around.

Word.

Victor said...

lol I don't really know this game...... But your plot is really good "dark' and "violent" haha. It will be really cool right?

Guo Fang said...

I went to EB Games the other day, and not only is the game unavailable, it's out of print. It's what usually happens to 8 year old games.

But I read on the Internet that they are making the movie, with Sarah Michelle Gellar (Buffy the Vampire Slayer) as Alice. The site says the movie's coming out in July 2008.