Wednesday, August 8, 2007

Pear Jin - Miyazaki's Spirited Away


Hey guys,

This is my proposal for my fanfiction.

x x x

I will like to write a fanfiction based on Miyazaki's Spirited Away. Spirited Away will be under the genre of anime. Spirited Away is an animation about a ten year old girl - Chihiro who was in the process of moving into a new town when her family stumbles upon the entrace to the spirit world. She had matures from a self-centered, stubborn child to a hardworking and helpful young girl during her adventure. She returned to the human world after she had earned her lessons in life.

I would like to extend the story of Chihiro after she had returned to the 'human world'. She will be approached by Haku and she is ask to return to the spiritworld and takeover the job of Yubaba (the operator of the bath house) because she is dying.

The dilemma Chihiro will be facing is that she has to choose between the life of living as a mortal with her family, OR to choose immortality and live as a rich owner of bath house but leaving her family behind in the human world.

She chooses to leave the human world as she is disastified with her life. She chooses to drink the blue liquid and will now live on for centuries as a spirit in the bath house.

She is challenged by the workers of the bath house as they are skeptical of her ability of running the bath house as she is 'young' and was used to be from the human race.

However, she managed to win the approval of the workers after she managed to solve a crisis caused by an evil spirit in the bath house.

Romance is also spark between Haku and Chihiro and they get married and have a child together and live happily ever after.

I know it is a cliche ending but that is all I can think of for now. I may tweak the ending if I get better ideas.

x x x x


So above was my proposal.. what do you guys think about it?

comments please. thanks ^-^

x x x


ps: if you guys are not familiar with Spirited Away, you can always click on this link
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spirited_away

There's a summary of the anime in it.

10 comments:

Dr Paul Mountfort said...

What a great idea. I love Miyazaki's work, the think Spirited Away has some of the most beautiful scenes - especially of flying - of all his anime.

The idea of the hero's dilemma - between eternal life but loss of loved ones and mortal life - is a great plot element (reminds me of Aowyn's dilemma in Lord of the Rings).

Impressive how you've got a whole plot outline already - cool stuff. (:

Rex said...

Wow! You've got some real awesome ideas on how the story would proceed after Chihiro returns to the ordinary world with her parent.
It is interesting to find out why she decided to leave her family behind and go to the spirit world since in the original Spirited Away she tried so desperately to save both her mother and father.

Cool ideas!! Looking forward to read your fan fiction Pear!

Maho said...

Hi Pear jin :)

I haven't watched spritied away myself -I know I should have, coz it's a movie from my country-, but your ideas sounds exciting! Im also so impressed that you already have got pretty much all the ideas with you.

I know it'll be fun to read to your work ;)

Birdie said...

Wow............

That's perfect!

I think we have the same goal about not to end it sadly and back to human world forever to seperate from the spiriual lovers.

Your idea is really cool, also it is my regret, because i have been thinking about that make a happy return to the Bath house or happy life for princess san and Ashika.

Now things seem perfectly solved,let's just make their lifes
all happy with the spirits.

thanks, Pear, we are really one group, not only for the blog but the life goal also!!!

Dr Paul Mountfort said...

Maho, and othrs, I've got copies of all of Miyazaki's work and quite a bit of other anime. Will flick themn yr way if you need anything.

Dr Paul Mountfort said...

BTW, Pear Jin, Jean from blog # 5 is doing something (different) with Spirited Away, too. You might want to check it out and cross-blog a bit (p to you, of course). Here'z the link:

http://popgenres5.blogspot.com/2007/08/my-fan-fiction-spirited-away.html

Peace

Pear Jin said...

Hey Paul, thanks for the link.

:)

everyone:

I'll try to churn out the story as soon as I can, but great work cannot be rushed. (wahahaha, i am so shameless)

So bear with me, as I wouldn't want to dissapoint. ;)

Birdie said...

By the way, Pear, can you bring my DVD princess Mononoke back on Monday, i think i need review some infomation . just that DVD, you can keep the others as long as you finished.

Birdie said...

Hi, paul, do you have:

Whisper of the Heart
The Castle of Cagliostro
Ponyo on a Cliff
Heidi, Girl of the Alps
3000 Leagues in Search of Mother
Panda Kopanda!
Puss 'n Boots


If you have? can i borrow...

Yian said...

Hey Pear
I just watched Spritied away, and I really feel your ideas are so great. However, I am very looking forward the relationship between Haku and Chihiro in your story, and how does Chihiro want to stay at the spirit world. and how does she work in the bath house.