Thursday, August 9, 2007

Gantz


Hi everyone, this is Yian, and I would like to write a fanfiction base on Gantz. Gantz is part of the genre of anime.

Gantz is a manga and anime series written by Hiroya Oku. Gantz tells the story of a college student named Kei Kurono.he is the story's protagonist who dies in a train accident and he was summoned by Gantz. Gantz is a black ball and it does not exist in the real world but it becomes part of a semi-posthumous "game".In this game, Kei and several other recently deceased people are forced to hunt down and kill aliens. They try to survive by slaying the aliens that are dangerous to them. And they need to reach 100 points for Gantz to finish the game and have the real life back. The Gantz anime is divided into two seasons. The Gantz anime ran for 13 episodes and had a direct sequel called Gantz The Second Stage, which continued the series for another 13 episodes and two seasons become 26 episode series.

In the Gantz anime, the ending is little bit not clear...Hiroya Oku was not telling whether Kei is still alive or not, and what's happen to the Gantz, therefore, I would like to extend the story with my own creation. While the Gantz seems to disappear in the real world in the end….however, in my story, I would like to make Kei enter the Gantz again, and I would like to make Kei to find out what is the Gantz.
Please feel free to comment
Thanks

9 comments:

Pear Jin said...

Yi-an,

This sounds like an exciting manga/anime series from what I've read from the summary.

It reminds me of the Battle Royale movie where the students need to murder each other to survive the 'killing game'.

It is an interesting concept for the author to link the 'point-system' as the goal for the manga characters. It is a reality video game with your life at stake. There is no 'Replay' button when Game Over is on the tv display.

I will love to read the story behind Gantz, the black ball.

What would have drive a 'creature' to be so evil and vicious?

Looking forward to read it.

Dr Paul Mountfort said...

Yeah, Battle Royale must express a common dark Freudian fantasy of finding oneself pitched in a battle against one's fellow humans/class mates. Maybe good idea for a BA ES assessment? Last one alive gets A+. All we need is to order the uniforms.

'What is the Gantz...' reminds me of the advertising for the Matrix.

Pear Jin said...

LOL

Paul, it wouldn't be fair to make our Korean aunties in our class to wear uniform now, would it?

Birdie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Birdie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Birdie said...

Cool, your idea likes a Japanese movie which talked about a class of student in a very strange survivor training. That is every one was trying to kill others and become the survivor. It is a really bloody violent movie what I have seen; I was not able to finish that one because I felt sick after a very bloody scene.
I think Paul must have seen that movie and enjoy it very much. Cause he sounded like that type.
Finally, this time if you, Yi-an wrote a fan fiction is bloody dark and voilent and make me sick, that means you are absolutely successful.

Victor said...

Hi Yi-an
This anime is so awesome, I watched "GANTZ" 3 years ago. I really enjoy the story and "the song" before start the game.
Anyway, I think I will really enjoy your story.

Yian said...

hi birdie, yep, I think the original Gantz is considered as an adult video becuese of the darkness and violent actions and the sexual contacts. However, in my story, I may really want to make my story little softer.

Yian said...

Yep, Victor, Oh...really, I think I know what you mean "the song" but it is very strange part in the Gantz. However, I think "the song" is the music of aerobics, but how come it appeared in the Gantz. Cool, I think it might be a good idea to my story.